NCHCFA celebrates those who provide exceptional care to North Carolina’s long term care residents. Individuals are nominated by their colleagues for these special awards.
- NCHCFA Nurse Aide of the Year: Selected from each of North Carolina’s five geographic districts, the Nurse Aide of the Year is nominated for demonstrating outstanding care to their residents.
- Riley W. Clapp Outstanding Service Award: One recipient is selected from a non-nursing discipline to be recognized as the Riley W. Clapp Outstanding Service Award winner.
Nominations are now closed for 2022.
- Nominations are accepted annually beginning August 1 and close on or around November 4.
- Only one staff member per discipline may be nominated from a facility.
- Nominee must not be a previous winner.
- Only unlicensed personnel may be nominated.
- Nominee must have a minimum of 5 years of service in the long term care profession.
Preferred: If selected as a winner, a representative from the facility should plan to attend an awards ceremony with the winner, typically held during the annual NCHCFA Convention & Expo in Greensboro.