Nominations closed for 2024 on October 20, 2023!
NCHCFA celebrates those who provide exceptional care to North Carolina’s long term care residents. Individuals are nominated by their colleagues for these special awards.
- NCHCFA Nurse Aide of the Year: Selected from each of North Carolina’s five geographic districts, the Nurse Aide of the Year is nominated for demonstrating outstanding care to their residents.
- Riley W. Clapp Outstanding Service Award: One recipient is selected from a non-nursing discipline to be recognized as the Riley W. Clapp Outstanding Service Award winner.
- Nominations are accepted annually beginning August 1 and close on or around November 4.
- Only one staff member per discipline may be nominated from a facility.
- Nominee must not be a previous winner.
- Only unlicensed personnel may be nominated.
- Nominee must have a minimum of 5 years of service in the long term care profession.
- Preferred: If selected as a winner, a representative from the facility should plan to attend an awards ceremony with the winner, typically held during the annual NCHCFA Convention & Expo in Greensboro.